Friday, December 25, 2009

Welcome to "Globe Icelanterning"

Making Ice Lanterns is an ancient craft that relies on science and ingenuity to create a natural form of art that we all can appreciate but it does not have a name. I say, "I'm going out to make ice lanterns" or "create ice lanterns" which are both unnecessarily long, so I decided to give it a name, like "knitting" and see if it sticks.

So I am introducing, "Globe Icelanterning" as an old craft with a new name.

If you just received the Globe Ice Lantern Kit as a gift and are looking for tips or suggestions, please note the blog topic to the left, but please feel free to contact me with questions. I am very happy to help and REALLY WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!

I have been icelanterning for 20+ years but this is the first year of the Globe Ice Lantern Kits. We assembled all the high quality tools we use plus an instruction sheet that has the basic know-how needed to create small globe ice lanterns. If you have a suggestion for how to improve the globe icelanterning experience, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hmmpf. The little red underline still appears under the term "icelanterning" while I am writing this. How long will it take to make icelanterning a REAL word. Maybe like Velveteen Rabbit, it will just take the love of the craft and a little time.

Oh, and if you think you have a better name for the wonderful craft of making ice lanterns, I'd love to hear it! Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment