Friday, December 4, 2009

Globe Ice Lanterns For Sale!

I will be at the FAIR School Art Fair & Pancake Breakfast in Crystal, MN tomorrow from 8:30 am - 3 pm. Here is a link with directions: http://www.wmep.k12.mn.us/fair/general.html#direct

I will be selling both Globe Ice Lantern Kits and Finished Globes. It sounds like they have a great group of artists coming. I am really looking forward to talking about one of my greatest passions - Globe Ice Lanterns!

UPDATE on my current balloon crop:
I checked the balloons I put out on Wednesday night and while they would be usable at this thickness, I am going to wait . . . for how long, you ask? Daytime slows down the freezing process significantly. It could go all day and not freeze much and then boom an hour or two after the sun goes down and they could be frozen solid. I will open one smaller one around 5pm and make my decision based on what it looks like.

I had one balloon rupture in the middle of the night last night and the water drained away. While disappointed that it did not last to be very thick, it develop these amazing Jack Frost-like freezing patterns in the ice - I will be using this for something - maybe nightlight in my daughter's room tonight . . . gorgeous!

Wait as long as you dare!

Contact me with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment