Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Filling the Globe Ice Lantern Kit Balloon - NEW Step One

If you have purchased the Globe Ice Lantern Starter Kit, or received it as a gift, you will have noticed that we have included 3 of our premium heavyweight balloons. These balloons are wonderful for making globe lanterns because they make such a nice round shape. And if filled to a reasonable size, can take a lot of pulling and poking without breaking!" (something you will appreciate if you have ever had a cheap water balloon break as you are carrying it outside to freeze!)

The trick to getting these thick rubber balloons to fill with water is:

NEW Step One for Instruction Sheet
FILL the balloon with tap water by stretching the balloon's mouth around the water faucet head. Water pressure is necessary to expand a balloon of this strength, so hold the balloon tightly in place with fingers as it fills with water to the desired size.

Proceed to Step Two on your instruction sheet . . .

Personal Note: I use a 3' section of a garden hose in my laundry tub! I wrap my entire hand around where the balloon has been fitted over the hose head. Then, because the water entering the balloon is under pressure, I need to squeeze hard to keep the balloon on as it fills. I also put an upside-down bucket under the balloon to support it as it fills. Otherwise, it will stretch and make it more challenging to hold the balloon on the faucet head or hose.

Have fun and please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions or to send me photos of your ice lantern creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment