Sunday, February 7, 2010

Luminary Loppet 2010: A Night to Remember








The City of Lakes Luminary Loppet was last night and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Everything went right. The weather, the location of my creations within The Enchanted Forest, the ice, the people, the wonderful comments of appreciation for my efforts, the hugs of gratitude from strangers--everything! To put it simply, I was enthralled by the magic of the night. Also, an extra thanks to new friends whom just happened upon me as I was working throughout the week and pitched in a helping hand.

So here I am at 5:30 in the am perusing the web looking for more lasting images of my art. Art that will eventually disappear as winter wanes.

The photos that you see are just a few of the many, many spectacular photos taken by my friend, Martha Archer - thanks Martha!

I welcome any other photos that captured the spirit of this wonderful community evening - an evening to which it feels very special to have made a contribution.

Oh, and for those that asked, I believe there are still some of my kits at Patina's Shoppe Local (612.827.3071) next to the Malt Shop on 50th & Bryant in South Minneapolis. There may also still be some at Guild, a fabulous gift collective of local artists in St Louis Park on Excelsior Blvd near Trader Joe's (call first to make sure - 952.378.1815).

No comments:

Post a Comment